Monday 23 March 2009

Birthday Blog


SPECIAL 40th BIRTHDAY BLOG



A big thank you to all who wished me a Happy Birthday over the weekend, and thank you for the excellent new surf board I cant wait to use it. I had no idea what was going on


Well it all started off so well. Luke told me he would pick me up at 12 but I really had no idea what was going on. Unfortunately for Nic I just happened to be looking out of the window when I saw him try and Ninja his way down the lane, Hood up, Head Down.


True to form at 2pm (late as ever) Luke came up to get me and told me to put on some boardshorts and nothing else! Well I had consumed about 7 or 8 bottles of Desperados beer (the beer of choice) by this time and was more tha happy to get my kit off.


"Who ya gonna call?"



Blindfolded I was led through the Gym to unmistakable disabled changing room, or, to give it its proper title "Lukes Room"






I was as expecting some sort of naked lady when I took off the blindfold so, outstretching my arms felt the smooth finish of a gorgous surfboard instead, then was drenched in cold water as someone turned on the shower. The blindfold was removed and I was blinded by a totally PINK room! See pics above




"Luke gets his groove on"











"DJ GAV"


Nice work everyone It actually looks great.



Just in case Johnny forgets his own name again





Below Roger manages to hid his meat and two veg















"Roger Ramjet"

More drinking ensued and by the time Roger and the mini bus turned up at 4pm I can honestly

say I was off my face.


A short journey to Exeter, a Curry and an underground Punk Club finished the evening off nicley and with everyone accounted for we all passed out at around 4am.


Nice to know I can still party as hard at 40 as I could at 20.


Big thanks to LUKE, NIC, JEN, MELINDA, MATT, ROGER, GAV, JOHNNY and everyone else who helped.

MM

P.S. Party hard, live life to the full and skid to the grave knowing that you have no regrets.
















































No comments: